2008-08-09

Pin Collecting, Pin Collecting, Pin Collecting

It has been an absolute frenzy today!!! I actually had to part with a particular favorite pin in order to guarantee a later trade that will be well worth it. A gymnastics mom wanted my gymnastics pin-fuh wah gymnast.

In exchange I received a USA Gymnastics Beijing 2008, and a Team ASAC Beijing 2008-Team ASAC is Alicia Sacamone. Pretty awesome trade!!!! And she's working on finding me a Romanian Gymnastics team pin. I can't wait for that one. I will have to add it to the Eastern bloc pins I have collected, i.e. 1980 Russian Speed Skating, 1984 Sarajevo. Not to mention the Romanian Gymnastics Dynasty.
She was here with a group of friends and for several minutes my desk was a bees nest of activity while we negotiated fair trades.
When it comes to pin trading my general fondness is for things of interest to me, i.e. gymnastics, figure skating, diving, olympic teams, and some corporations. One of my favorites from Salt Lake City is the Pilsbury dough boy, as well as Lithuanian team pin and the Thailand Team pin. Because of the duration of gymnastics competition I should have little difficulty getting ahold of more gymnastics pins, although the hopes of a Hamm autograph are dashed! I felt like I had been told Santa Claus wasn't real when I heard that Morgan had dropped out. I was so hoping to meet him and/or....... Furthermore, now that Morgan has dropped out, Paul is no longer on the guest list for the center. Thus dashing my hopes and sending me home empty Hammded.
I digress. Today's pin coups include the gymnastics pins as well as a Chicago 2016 candidate city pin, a promise for a better Water Polo team pin, and the piece de resistance--it's not a pin, but--The U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Service medallion minted for the Olympics!!! Way cool!

More later

3 comments:

Tippster said...

OK, you are such a geek about these pins. I can't believe you traded for a Chicago pin. They are like everywhere here this summer! I don't know that gymnast pin was pretty cute. ;)

Clyde S. Dale said...

Hey, I want an autograph from Dara Torres or a pair of shoes autographed by a runner the better looking the better it'll be. Oh and I do mean better looking for me not you. If you have to get a tip from my lesbian music listening compadre.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Should read.....if you have to, get a tip etc. the comma sorta does all the work.