2008-07-22

The Journey Begins

I leave for Beijing tomorrow. Actually, it's an extended trip that will take me almost two days to get to Beijing.

In order to be in Chicago in time for a 7 a.m. flight I will be taking a bus from Madison, WI tomorrow (11 a.m., July 23) and spend the evening and a short nap in Chicago before getting up at about 4 a.m. to get to the airport.

My flight out of Chicago (7:03 a.m. July 24) will take me to San Francisco where I will transfer to an international flight. Boy am I glad I won't have to "Western Style" apartment. I'm not sure if this will mean the Bidet will be taken away or not. But I'm not sure that for 30 days I would want the exotic elements of a "Chinese Style" apartment. I'll have the chance to see a Chinese apartment, but all things being equal, when you are working as hard as I will be working, it's nice to have a few comforts of home.

If anyone has skype, I will do my best to log on occasionally and be available. My skype ID is the same as my yahoo e-mail address (sans the yahoo.com, of course). I would most likely be on mornings in China, which is most likely evening where you are.

Time Differences:

Chicago: +13 hours, i.e. noon on Thursday in Chicago is 1 a.m. Friday in Beijing

San Francisco: +15 hours

Baltimore: +12 hours

London: +7 hours

Berlin: +6 hours

When I am in and settled I will post again to let you all know how things are going. In the meantime, think of me as I fly half-way around the globe.

Cheers.

No comments: